Sunday, July 11, 2010

MLB Mickey Mouse (American League)

So, one day I was driving back home and in the distance I caught a quick glimpse of a 7.5 feet tall Mickey Mouse statue! For my love of all things Disney, I had to find out what it was. I came closer to the statue and noticed that it was designed in a Major League Baseball theme. I found out online that there are 36 of these Mickey statues scattered across Southern California in celebration of All-Star Week festivities.

There are statues in 30 different Major League designs, 4 all-Star designs and an American League and National League design. I quickly penciled in plans to find all 36 before July 13th (the day they would all be removed)!! Here are statues from the American League.

American League - Hilton Anaheim, Anaheim
Los Angeles Angels - Angel Stadium, Anaheim
Oakland Athletics - The Muzeo, Anaheim
Toronto Blue Jays - OC Performing Arts Ctr, Costa Mesa
Cleveland Indians - Industry Rag, N. La Brea
Seattle Mariners - Kodak Theatre, Hollywood
Baltimore Orioles - Newport Sports Museum, Newport Beach
Texas Rangers - The Village at Orange, Orange
Tampa Bay Rays - Laguna Art Museum, Laguna Beach
Boston Red Sox - Discovery Science Ctr, Santa Ana
Sadly, Mickey was bullied and was removed =(
Kansas City Royals - El Capitan Theatre, Hollywood
Another Mickey removed =(
Detroit Tigers - Crowne Plaza Anaheim Resort, Anaheim
Kinda looks like Tigger! Too cute!
Minnesota Twins - Anaheim Gardenwalk, Anaheim
Chicago White Sox - Holiday Inn Santa Monica, Santa Monica
New York Yankees - ESPN Zone @ LA Live, Los Angeles

Next Post : National League

3 comments:

novos said...

Stupid vandals! This is an awesome scavenger hunt!

Ila Y Cho said...

Believe me, we were totally bummed when they told us was it was removed! Makes me feel like I couldn't 100% complete the hunt, but I give myself an A+ for effort, hehe!

Unknown said...

Hello, just wanted to add a post here i just bought the Blue Jay Mickey Mouse!! Im so excited and I have no idea where it will fit! But I just had to have it!! Wondered if other people out there bought their fav team Mickey?

Post a Comment