Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Germany : World Cup Fever!

I always knew that World Cup was huge in Europe, but I didn't know the extent of it! Just being in Munich I was overwhelmed to see the support given to their Germany team. I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised since they did host the 2006 World Cup and they came in 3rd place. Just look at all these displays showing their support for Germany!

Newspapers from June12th (day after the Opening Ceremony). Front pages were all of soccer!


Souvenir kiosk at the main square and a mannequin in a clothing store.


Ratskeller, an underground tavern, decorate their front door with mini soccer balls, and South Africa flags!

Displays from 2 different stores.
Many people were buying enormous Germany flags for just 5 Euros.

Germany plays Ghana on the 23rd...the beer gardens must be packed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment