Saturday, June 27, 2009

Kayak Exploration, Seal Beach

We couldn't have asked for better weather on the day we decided to go kayaking! Last year we went kayaking in Newport Harbor, but this time we wanted to go somewhere new, but still close-by, and somewhere that has cleaner and better smelling waters! Luckily, our good friend Ed was able to provide us with the kayaks (thanks, Ed!), so we had no time restrictions.
We started our exploration at 11am and ended up being out there for close to 3 hours! Ed, being the expert kayaker, had to wait around for us to catch up a few times, but then again his kayak is much more advance and can go twice the speed with half the paddling! Lucky him!
Coming around to the last hour, I gotta admit I was gettin' tired and just wanted to chill in the kayak. As shown on the right, Danny was generous enough to tow my kayak for a short-time so I could enjoy the sun and take some pictures of the houses and boats surrounding us! Below are pictures of some of the boats that I photographed...and looking at all the different names was fun!


Here are also some duffy boats that I thought had cute names! And one day, Danny and I will be living in one of these houses on the harbor! Maybe the 3 story house?!?! haha


Overall, that was a great day and although Danny and I developed a very funky looking tan (haha!), it was all worth it and hopefully we can do some cave kayaking later in the summer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment